Get In Touch
WHY WORK AT TRUETT?
- Contribute to real ministry
- Receive great training and possible certifications
- Have tons of fun
- Be part of an encouraging work environment
- Grow your personal relation and leadership skills
- Help bring kids to an authentic and personal relationship with Jesus Christ
What are you waiting for! Let’s make the most of your summer together! We have positions of all types. If you love the outdoors, have a heart for ministry, and a willingness to serve, we can find a role for you on our team.
Apply today! If you still have questions, please reach out to our Summer Camp Coordinator Phillip at 828-389-8828 (extension 3) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Summer Camp Counselors serve as the front line staff impacting kids. It’s a versatile role where you get to lead outdoor recreation, Bible studies, mentor kids, and care for the kids. Your summer will consist of two weeks of staff training, two weeks as an in-cabin counselor, and the remaining six weeks of camp you will continue to serve in a similar capacity, but will not be in the cabin overnight with the campers. We have openings for our skit team and praise & worship teams along with this role.
- We also have additional positions available, but you can use the same application form. These positions include Counselors-in-Training, College Internships, Camp Photographer/Videographer, Guest Services Associate, Recreation Coordinator, Skills Class Coordinator, and Worship Leader.
- A professing Christian committed to following, in both action and attitude, the principles listed in the North Carolina Baptist Convention Statement of Faith (https://ncbaptist.org/beliefs)
- Has a sincere love for the Lord and desires to see people come to know Him personally and grow in their faith
- Is committed to the overall objectives of Truett Conference Center & Camp
- Willingness to take instruction and the ability to follow through
- Positive and willing attitude in your approach to work
- Physically fit enough to travel across the sometimes rough terrain on camp without assistance, lift and carry objects, and sit or stand for long periods of time as the job requires.
- Responsible for the safety, well-being, and spiritual development of a cabin of campers
- Leading cabin devotionals, sharing the Gospel, discipleship efforts, and answering questions
- Facilitating recreational activities: archery, riflery, field/gym games, zipline, kayaking, mountain biking, teambuilding, etc. (training will be made available)
- Lifeguarding the camp pool (training will be made available)
- Responsibilities will vary depending upon the needs of the camp, your skills, and the discretion of your supervisor
- The overall objective is for each staff member to live out the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20) and the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:36-40) in a camp setting.
After praying about these exciting opportunities, if you feel the Lord is leading you to join the Truett family, click the APPLY NOW Button on the bottom of the page.
After your application is submitted and 3 references are received we can take your application through the following phases.
- Reference Checks
- Background Check
If you are feeling called to work in Camp Ministry as soon as possible! Positions could fill up if you wait too long.