Real Internship and Spiritual Experience
Our RISE Internship is approximately a year long fellowship and employment opportunity. Gain valuable job, ministry, and life experience as you prepare for where God will call you to serve Him next! At Truett you will be placed in a very important role as you help the camp continue to grow its ministry.
Learn how to be a follower of Christ in the service industry. Learn the ropes of the many different departments within Christian camping.
Camp is an amazing opportunity to live out your faith, improve your inter-personal skills, and be part of a small body of Christ to positively impact His Kingdom.
Now’s your opportunity to invest in others, mentor them, and positively impact others.
Applicants will have housing provided, $200 a week salary, and more! We ask that all applicants be at least 18 years of age. We prefer applicants to have completed some college and/or camp experience but it is not required.
ABOUT THE JOB
Our RISE Interns will get an enriching, full experience including many to all of the following:
- Facilitate Exciting Recreation
- Work and Play in the Beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains
- Experience all facets of Camp Ministry
- Assist the Summer Camp Coordinator in programming, planning, and running a summer camp program
- Assist in hiring, developing, and managing a summer staff team
- Lead our Worship and/or Skit Team
- Host Guest Groups
- Become the Leader God has called you to be
- A professing Christian committed to following, in both action and attitude, the principles listed in the North Carolina Baptist Convention Statement of Faith (https://ncbaptist.org/beliefs)
- Has a sincere love for the Lord and desires to see people come to know Him personally and grow in their faith
- Willingness to take instruction and the ability to follow through afterwards
- Positive and willing attitude in your approach to work
- Competent in Google Drive, email, and some social media platforms
- Versatile and willing to assist in all aspects of Christian camping
- Great social skills
- Possesses good verbal and written communication skills.
- Aligns with the North Carolina Baptist Convention Baptist Faith and Message
- Loves God, loves others, and is able to demonstrate that in workplace ministry.
- Is committed to the mission and core values of Truett Conference Center & Camp.
- Capable problem solver
- Physically fit enough to walk/move about the sometimes rough terrain on camp without assistance, lift and carry objects, and sit and stand for long periods of time as the job requires
- Assist in Hiring, Training, and Leading the Summer Staff
- Program Events and Activities
- Facilitating Recreational Activities: Archery, Riflery, Field/Gym Games, Mountain Biking, Fishing, et al teambuilding, etc. (training will be made available)
- Lifeguarding (if training is available)
- Assist in all areas of the camp’s operations
- Plan and Implement New Recreation & Activities
- Serve as a Member of the Leadership Team
- The overall objective is for each staff member to live out the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20) and the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:36-40) in a camp setting.
After praying about this exciting opportunity, if you feel the Lord is leading you to join the Truett family, click the APPLY NOW Button on the bottom of the page.
After your application is submitted and 3 references are received we can take your application through the following phases.
- Reference Checks
- Background Check
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Positions are limited and highly competitive!
Camp is an adventure, and so is working at one! Our camp is located in a hotspot for outdoor recreation with kayaking, mountain biking, white water rafting, hiking, state parks, and the AT all in close proximity. There are also many tourist attractions nearby including great golf courses, Fields of the Woods, Brasstown Bald, the Folk School, and Biltmore Estates.
White Water Rafting at the Ocoee
Family Style Meals
Staff Recruiting Trips