OCTOBER 6-8, 2023
Boys 6-12 years old with their father or a similar figure in their life.
2 Days (Saturday & Sunday): $125 for 1 Father/1 Son
Full 3 Days (Friday-Sunday): $189 for 1 Father/1 Son
Each additional son is $35 for either option.
THE HEART OF THE EVENT
Come join us for a weekend of becoming the warrior God has called you to be. You’ll enjoy recreation, shooting sports, and friendly competition. Most importantly, father and son will learn more about the Word of God, which is sharper than any two edge sword. Dads will have a chance to build their sons (ages 6-12) up through a weekend designed to engage the heart of a man.
Most sons are blown away by the fact that dad would
dedicate an entire weekend for them. Experience
this weekend on the battlefield once and it will easily
become an annual Rite of Passage for you and your son(s) to experience together.
Straight from the mouths of those that attended in 2022, make sure you get this on your radar for attending in 2023!
- “The campout was a great experience. I loved that my son and I got to make slingshots. It was awesome using them throughout the weekend!”
- “I wish the event was a whole week!”
- “I loved getting to spend time with my son one-on-one!”
- “The time spent with my son teaching and learning alongside him was great seeing the positive effects.”
- “I got saved! Also I loved learning how to do all the things. Archery was my favorite!”
- “I enjoyed the games & comradery of fathers and sons.”
- “Everything was great, especially the activities and spiritual guidance.”
WHAT THE WEEKEND LOOKS LIKE
Check-in: 2:00 PM
Friday will consist of:
- Canoe Trip on Lake Chatuge (weather allowing)
- Overnight campout trip on an island (weather allowing)
- Campfire Dinner
- Warrior Game
- Check-in for 2 Day Track (9:30-10:30 AM)
- Cabin Competition
- Outdoor Supper
- Evening Games
- Father/Son Devotions
- Group Gathering
- Warrior Games
- 11:00 AM Departure
“Awesome outdoor time incorporating God’s Word.”
“Great place/event to spend time with my son. Activities were great and had spiritual message.”
“Excellent opportunity to bond with kids & other adults.”
The first part of being prepared is being informed!
Here are some answers to our most commonly asked questions.
When is check-in?
If you choose the full weekend experience, we will have check-in Friday around 2:00 PM. If you choose the shorter two day experience, you will start with check-in from 9:30-10:30 AM Saturday. Either way, the event ends around 11:00 AM Sunday morning.
Where will we be staying?
In our bunkhouses, which have twin-sized bunk beds, private bathrooms, carpeted floors, and new mini-split HVAC units.
What should we bring to Father & Son Retreat?
Bible, water bottle, athletic clothing for activites, toiletries, linens, and sunscreen.
I have more than 1 son. Can we all come together?
ABSOLUTELY! There is a small fee for each additional son you bring.
I am a Foster Dad/Uncle/Guardian, can I still come?
Yes! Any adult male that plays a mentor or parenting role can bring a child, as long as the legal guardian consents.