This Opportunity May be For You if:
- High School Age
- Love the Lord Jesus Christ
- Enjoys the Outdoors
- Eager to Learn
- Strong Work Ethic
WHY WORK AT TRUETT?
- Contribute to a thriving ministry
- Receive great training and possible certifications
- Have fun!
- Be part of an encouraging, Christian work environment
- Grow your personal relation and leadership skills
- Help bring kids to an authentic and personal relationship with Jesus Christ
What are you waiting for? Let’s make the most of your summer together! We have positions of all types. If you love the outdoors, have a heart for ministry, and a willingness to serve, we can find a role for you on our team.
Apply today! If you still have questions, please reach out to our Summer Camp Coordinator Phillip at 828-389-8828 (extension 3) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Counselors-in-Training (CITs) serve as assistants to our camp counselors. It’s a versatile role of leading outdoor recreation, Bible studies, mentoring kids, and assisting in the care and supervision of campers. Your summer will consist of two weeks of staff training, one week as an in-cabin counselor, and the rest of the summer ministering to the campers and chaperones that attend. For those gifted in worship, we have openings for our praise & worship teams.
- At least fourteen years of age
- A professing Christian committed to following, in both action and attitude, the principles listed in the North Carolina Baptist Convention Statement of Faith (https://ncbaptist.org/beliefs)
- Has a sincere love for the Lord and desires to see people come to know Him personally and grow in their faith
- Is committed to the overall objectives of Truett Conference Center & Camp
- Willingness to take instruction and the ability to follow through
- Positive and willing attitude in your approach to work
- Physically fit enough to travel across the sometimes rough terrain on camp without assistance, lift and carry objects, and sit or stand for long periods of time as the job requires.
- Assisting in oversight of campers’ safety, well-being, and spiritual development of a cabin of campers
- Support camp’s ministry efforts
- Facilitate recreational activities
- Join in on local mission/service projects
- The overall objective is for each staff member to live out the Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20) and the Great Commandment (Matthew 22:36-40) in a camp setting.
After praying about these exciting opportunities, if you feel the Lord is leading you to join the Truett family, click the APPLY NOW Button on the top or bottom of this page.
After your application is submitted and 3 references are received we can take your application through the following phases.
- Reference Checks
- Background Check
If you are feeling called to work in Camp Ministry, apply as soon as possible! Positions are limited!